Cosplay Medic Corps Con Survival Guide — Fluids & Dehydration
Summer con season is upon us, and it is HOT out there! It is important to drink a lot of fluids at a con to make sure you’re staying hydrated.
What is a fluid?
- Fluids include water, fruit juice,sports drinks, and herbal teas. Drink a LOT of these!! Try to drink at least a cup of water an hour. If you are actively sweating, drink more!
- You can also drink coffee, normal tea, and milk, but these are considered “weak hydrators” and if you plan on hydrating a con on these, drink a LOT of it (even more-so than you would water).
- Fluids do not include soda, alcohol, and energy drinks. They will actually dehydrate you! If you’re drinking these at cons, make sure you drink a cup or two of water per soda/alcoholic beverage/energy drink so that you can stay hydrated
How do I know if I’m dehydrated?
- Look at your pee and compare it to the chart above. It tells you what is good and what isn’t!
- We have a survival guide for that! Cosplay Medic Corps Con Survival Guide to Heat Stroke and Dehydration Prevention, Recognition, Treatment!
Stay safe and stay hydrated this summer con season! Happy cosplaying!